Share Draft (Checking) Accounts
Checking accounts at the credit union are called Share Draft Accounts. There is NO minimum balance, NO per check charge and NO service charges. You do pay for your own checks and any additional services you may require (for example: stop payments, traces or check copies). All checks ordered through the credit union have duplicates for your records and originals can be obtained, per your request, for a fee.
The share drafts are cleared through your account by 9:30 am. Your checking accounts are connected to your savings and will overdraft to your savings (for a $5.00 fee) if there is not enough in your checking to cover your checks.
Visa® Debit Cards
Debit cards are connected to your Share Draft (checking) Account ONLY. You may withdraw from your Share Draft Account at an ATM Machine* or at a store by using the card as a Credit Card.
* Please note if you use your Visa® Debit Card at an ATM Machine you will be charged a $1.00 fee, which will be withdrawn from your checking account on a daily basis. If your debit card is lost or stolen please call 1-800-543-5073.
General Information Regarding Your Share Draft Account
- Our share draft accounts have no minimum balance, no monthly service fees and no per check charge.
- Members are required to pay for imprinted checks. Checks will be ordered at the time the account is opened. Payment for the checks is deducted from your account when they are shipped from the factory, normally within a week.
- When you receive your imprinted checks it is important that you verify the information. Please check to insure your checks will clear your account properly. Please notify us immediately if you find an error in the printing.
- To Make deposits into your checking account, you may used the forms in the back of your checkbook or additional forms are available at our office. You should insure that your member number appears on the deposit slips.
- Checks are not returned to you after clearing. They are kept on film for seven years. You may request a copy of the check for a charge of $3.00.
- You may have all or a portion of your paycheck deposited directly into your checking account. You must have a signed payroll distribution form on file with us to allocate your deductions. These forms are available at our offices and at most payroll offices where payroll deduction is offered. We suggest you verify the date of these deposits since we do not always receive your deduction amounts on your payday.
- You may also have electronic ACH deposits or withdraws to/from your checking account. Provide the other party a copy of a voided check to insure the correct routing information is given. The credit union is not responsible for initiating or ceasing this transaction.
- If a check is presented for payment on your account and there are insufficient funds to pay for the item:
- The amount will overdraft from your share account. The share account will also be charged a $5.00 fee for each item presented.
- This transfer can only be from the same member share account as the share draft account. Funds can not be transferred from any other account.
- If there are insufficient funds in the share account as well as the share draft account, the item will be returned unpaid and you account will be charged an insufficient funds fee (NSF) of $25.00 for each item presented.
- After you have had your share draft account for six months, an overdraft line of credit is available to those members who qualify. Please contact our loan department for more information.
- All NSF and Overdraft notices will be mailed to the member the same day they occur. Frequent NSF’s can result in your account being closed without prior notice to you.
- Debit cards are available with a signed application.